If you are considering the purchase of a pre-owned vehicle, you may want to consider a vehicle inspection before you make your final decision. Clark Automotive offers comprehensive vehicle inspections in the Minneapolis area. Any time you are considering purchasing a pre-owned vehicle, it is important to have a pre-inspection done on that vehicle before signing any paperwork and taking over ownership.
Minneapolis Vehicle Pre-Inspection Specialists
A pre-inspection is exactly what it sounds like – it is a thorough inspection of your potential vehicle completed by an independent, third-party auto mechanic. This mechanic provides an evaluation of the condition of the car or truck before a buyer completes the vehicle purchase. When a pre-inspection is done according to professional standards, the mechanic will not make any recommendations about whether or not you should purchase the vehicle unless the vehicle is simply not safe to drive. If the vehicle is determined to be safe, however, the mechanic should provide a neutral assessment of the vehicle’s condition so you can make your own decision about the purchase.
What is Involved in a Vehicle Inspection?
This is exactly what you can expect from the pre-inspections provided by Clark Automotive. Our staff are highly trained in automotive service and repair. We will do more than kick the tires. At a minimum, we will thoroughly check the following:
● Drivability: To get a better sense of the vehicle’s condition, we will take it for a drive and assess the vehicle’s handling, steering, suspension, and brakes. A test drive can also be helpful in assessing potential issues with the transmission.
● The vehicle’s underside: We will put the vehicle on the lift and search out leaks, corrosion, and exhaust system.
● Belts and fluid levels: Damaged belts and low fluid levels can limit the vehicle’s longevity.
● Computer codes: If the vehicle has presented diagnostics problems, we will be able to identify them by checking for codes.
● Interior condition: You can perform an interior inspection too, but we will be able to determine whether or not the heat and A/C are in good working order.
● Exterior condition: Not all exterior issues are deal-breakers, but if there are cracks in the windshield, damage to tires, or corrosion, you should know about them, and we will find them.
We want to help you make an informed decision about your next vehicle purchase, so we hope you will come see us. Call Clark Automotive at (763) 784-7944 to schedule a pre-purchase vehicle inspection.