Battery Replacement by Me
- Tuesday, 31 March 2020 18:51
Your vehicle will only go as far as your battery will take it. Chances are that at some point during your lifetime, you will or have already dealt with a bad vehicle battery. Hopefully you weren’t left stranded. Living in Coon Rapids, MN, we all know how cold it can get during the winter and how hot it can be in the summer. So, while the strength of your battery may not be at the top of your concern list, it is very important to know of a trusted mechanic that offers battery replacement by you in Coon Rapids. That trusted auto shop that you’ve been looking for is Clark Automotive.
Battery Replacement for all Vehicles
Did you forget to turn off one of the lights in the vehicle, causing your battery to die? Or, has your vehicle battery slowly worn down and weakened over time? Whatever the case may be, our team at Clark Automotive can handle your vehicle battery replacement needs for all types of vehicles. Whether you need a battery replaced in a domestic, fleet pickup truck or even a hybrid vehicle, our ASE certified mechanics have you covered.
Top Notch Battery Replacement Brands
At Clark Automotive, we offer the best battery replacement brands available to our clients. Driving throughout the year in Coon Rapids, MN, means that your battery should be able to withstand the brutally cold and extremely hot temperatures throughout the year. Rest assured that your replacement battery from Clark Automotive will last a long time. Additionally, it will provide plenty of reserve capacity to handle other vehicle features such as stereos, computers, power windows, etc.
Recommended Annual Battery Check
Our dedicated mechanics love serving you in any way possible. We make it a point to be proactive with our clients when it comes to trying to avoid a dead battery. To help prevent you from becoming stranded in the future because of a dead battery, we are proud to offer an annual electrical system check. This battery check will make sure that you’ve got enough battery life to get you through the year ahead. If we find it is time to replace your battery, we can quickly handle this job for you so that you’re back on the road in no time. The best part about it is that the chances of you getting stranded because of a dead battery are significantly reduced because of our recommended annual battery check.
If you are in need of a trusted auto shop that offers battery replacement near you, Clark Automotive is the ideal partner for you. Serving Coon Rapids, MN, give our dedicated team a call today at (763) 784-7944 or email email@example.com to set up your battery replacement or annual battery check.
Top Reasons your Vehicle won’t Start
- Friday, 05 July 2019 12:54
There are many reasons why your vehicle will not start, given the complex nature of that four-wheeled engineering wonder you drive around. Despite the huge number of possibilities, however, some are more likely than others. And Clark Automotive is among the best in Minnesota for getting to the bottom of why your car will not start.
Below are several of the Top Reasons your Vehicle won’t Start:
- Your battery has died. Of all the reasons why a car will not start, a dead battery is probably the most common. The battery powers your car and all of its electrical components, including interior and exterior lights, dashboard functions, radio, and others. Connected to the battery is the car’s alternator, which charges the battery while the car is running. (If the alternator if faulty, your battery will not charge properly, so the alternator also needs to be considered its own reason for why your vehicle will not start. Your battery can die for a number of reasons too. If you are lucky, it will die of old age. But its lifespan can also be limited if you unintentionally leave the lights on.
- The starter is faulty or has failed. The job of the starter is exactly as it states—it starts the engine. It is an electric motor connected to the battery and when it develops a problem, your vehicle will not start. A common symptom of a faulty starter is that the engine will crank but not catch, or it will not crank at all. You may hear a clicking sound when you turn the key to start the car. This is a common symptom of a faulty starter.
- Your fuel filter is clogged. Over time, filters can become inundated by the stuff they are designed to filter out. When your vehicle’s fuel filter is clogged, gasoline will be pumped less efficiently, or not at all, to the engine. And if gasoline is not reaching the engine, it will not start when you set the process in motion by turning the key. Most fuel filters need to be replaced every 15,000 to 20,000 miles.
- Ignition switch is failing. If you have determined that your battery is charging and working properly and your vehicle still will not start, the issue may be with your ignition switch. A good way to distinguish between the cause being your battery or ignition switch is to turn on your headlights. If the headlights work, your battery is working. And if the lights work but the car won’t start, it may well be the ignition switch.
- Gas tank is empty. Some very smart people forget to put gas in their vehicle’s tank. It happens. If your vehicle won’t start because you have no gas, the fix is obvious. But if you have an issue with your gas gauge, we can help you.
If your vehicle won’t start, give Clark Automotive a call today at (763) 784-7944.