Winter Vehicle Inspection Blaine, Minnesota
- Sunday, 14 October 2018 23:51
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
In our area of the country here in Blaine Minnesota, winter comes with a vengeance. This means that you need to plan to get your car ready for winter each year. In fact, many people who do not get their vehicles ready for winter regret it. At Clark Automotive, we want to help get your vehicle as prepared for the ravages of winter as possible.
A truth for all vehicle owners is that it is tempting fate, and sometimes even dangerous, to drive a poorly or inadequately maintained vehicle in a Midwestern winter. At the very least, preparing your car for Minnesota winter can maximize your gas mileage and minimize wear and tear when the weather is at its coldest, snowiest, and most severe. Our technicians understand what needs to be done in order to ensure proper vehicle functioning during the coldest months of winter and we have the experience and expertise to help your vehicle avoid costly problems.
Winterizing your Vehicle
If you have noticed that your car is having a hard time starting or if it idles roughly, our team can address the underlying issues and prevent them from becoming major inconveniences during the winter months. If your car has shown not only those signs but has been stalling and/or exhibiting diminished power when you accelerate, a visit to Clark Automotive will certainly identify and fix the underlying causes. Cold weather tends to exacerbate these problems, so addressing them now gives you a better chance of avoiding more serious issues when winter is here.
Clark Automotive will help your car run more efficiently, especially if its efficiency has been negatively affected by such simple matters as old air and fuel filters. Changing them on schedule keeps your engine’s efficiency at an optimal level.
Battery Check Before Winter
Other simple services we can provide include changing the oil and oil filter. Neglecting to change the oil and filter accounts for many of the issues vehicle owners face, and we do not want our customers dealing with major vehicle problems during the winter months when such a simple fix could have been applied. Another important component of winter maintenance is your vehicle’s battery. Cold weather often exposes batteries that are losing their power, but we can identify problems before they reveal themselves in an empty Minnesota parking lot in the middle of the night.
No winter vehicle maintenance program would be complete without taking a look at your vehicle’s tires. In climates where snow is not only possible but inevitable, tires that are in good condition are essential to optimizing your vehicle’s safety.
Reputable Auto Shop
We are proud of our positive reputation, and we know that we earned it by treating our customers honestly and respectfully. So as winter approaches once more, we hope you will let us get your vehicle prepared for winter. To schedule an appointment for your vehicle, call Clark Automotive at (763) 784-7944 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Vehicle Check Ups
- Saturday, 29 September 2018 09:16
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
The Minnesota State Fair has ended, school is back in session, football season has begun and the overnight temperatures are dipping down lower and lower. This can only mean that winter is just around the corner. Now is a great time to bring your car, truck, or SUV into Clark Automotive for a fall vehicle check up. An experienced and certified auto mechanic can get your car tuned up and ready for crisp autumn days and frigid winter nights. Wouldn’t you rather take a little time to have fall automotive maintenance done by a professional mechanic than risk having safety problems down the road? Your fall car care checklist should include things like a cooling system check up, oil and filter change, checking battery, brakes and tires.
Importance of Fall Automotive Maintenance
The importance of fall automotive preventive maintenance cannot be stressed too strongly. It is never good to be caught unprepared for the start of a Minnesota winter season. We all know far too well that conditions can take a turn for the worse without much notice. Finding out that you have poor tire traction, insufficient antifreeze or a dead battery can be very dangerous. Taking your vehicle for servicing at Clark Automotive can give you peace of mind in knowing that your car is prepared to hit the road for colorful leaves, apple orchards, football and everything else that make Minnesota a great place to be in the fall.
Autumn Car Care Check List
Clark Automotive has you covered with a complete understanding of what can and should be done to ensure worry free driving the rest of this year and into the next. Every vehicle is different. Your owner’s manual should have several items listed for recommended services to winterize your car, van, pickup or SUV. Depending on the make, model, age and condition of your vehicle, your autumn car care checklist may look something like this…
- Check to make sure all filters are clean. Have our mechanic replace any dirty filter to ensure optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
- Change the oil and replace with the type of oil that is recommended for your individual vehicle for winter driving conditions.
- Look for tread wear on all four of the vehicle tires. A good mechanic will check for uneven wearing, proper tire pressure and signs of damage. Rotate or replace tires as recommended.
- Repair engine performance issues that can become worse in cold weather. Drivability problems like slow starts, sputtering, stalling or poor idling conditions should be repaired by a certified auto technician.
- Cooling system should be flushed and filled using the proper mixture of anti-freeze and water as recommended. A trusted auto mechanic should inspect the belts, hoses, clamps and radiator cap for tightness.
- Evaluate the heater and defroster for passenger comfort and driver visibility.
- Run a professional equipment test on the battery to check for weakness, corrosion or poor connection. Replace if needed.
- Inspect all vehicle lights and replace worn windshield wipers.
- Carry emergency supplies in your car to ensure your safety until help can arrive. Kits may include gloves, boots, blankets, flashlight, first aid kit, snacks, water, kitty litter, jumper cable and flares.
ASE Certified Auto Mechanics Blaine, MN
Clark Automotive is a full service auto repair and maintenance shop. As a certified auto mechanic, our technicians can provide you with professional assistance with items on your autumn car care checklist. Call (763) 784-7944 today to schedule an appointment for a fall vehicle check up, manufacturer’s recommended services and quality repairs for a safe driving experience.