Radiator Repair Shop Near Me
- Thursday, 17 January 2019 22:05
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
Auto maintenance is something that’s required, but it’s something that nobody really wants to do. Thankfully there are reputable auto mechanics in the area like Clark Automotive who are experienced and well versed in all different types of automotive repair. As we head into the colder driving months, it’s vital that you have a properly functioning radiator. In this blog we’ll detail the importance of a properly functioning radiator and point out some of the signs that you may need to reach out to a radiator repair shop near you like Clark Automotive. Located in Blaine, Minnesota.
What is the Primary Function of a Radiator?
If you’re not well versed in auto repair, you may not understand the importance of a properly functioning radiator. A radiator helps to keep your car from overheating by pumping coolant throughout your engine.
Signs You Need a Radiator Repair Shop
A radiator is vital to ensuring your engine is running properly. A bad radiator can cause your engine to overheat, and ultimately fail. Below are a few early signs that you may need a new radiator.
- Your Vehicle Overheats – If your car is overheating often, it’s likely that your radiator isn’t functioning properly. The radiator is the primary way that your engine coolant is cooled. It’s best to get your vehicle looked at as soon as you notice it starting to overheat to prevent more costly auto repairs down the road.
- Leaking Coolant – If you notice your vehicle leaking it’s important to understand what is actually leaking. If you suspect it’s coolant, then it means you have a radiator problem. The ASE certified mechanics at Clark Automotive can run a pressure test to determine if your radiator is the issue.
- Low Coolant Levels – If you find yourself constantly having to replenish your coolant tank, it could be that you have a leak in your radiator.
Contact Clark Automotive to Have Your Radiator Checked Out Today
Don’t continue to drive around town with the threat of your vehicle overheating. It’s best to bring your car into the experienced and certified mechanics at Clark Automotive today. We have decades of experience and will never try to sell you any type of auto repair that you genuinely don’t need. To find out if your radiator needs to be replaced, feel free to give us a call today at 763-784-7944. We’ll give you a free estimate to help get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Overheating Engine Coon Rapids
- Saturday, 08 October 2016 21:57
If your car overheats, you are generally made aware fairly quickly. The temperature gauge will begin to register a high temperature (over the midpoint), and you may even seen smoke coming from under the hood. What might not be as easy to figure out is the cause of your engine overheating. Clark Automotive near Coon Rapids, MN can help determine the cause of engine overheating and complete the necessary repairs so that you can get back on the road quickly. Clark Automotive is an auto repair shop committed to providing you affordable, fast, friendly, convenient and high quality service.
Overheating Engine Diagnostics And Repair
If your vehicle is showing signs of an overheating engine, a diagnostic testing is generally recommended to determine the cause. Some of the most common causes include:
- Coolant Leak: Low water and coolant level is one of the most common causes of an overheating engine. If your vehicle is leaking coolant, a professional auto shop or auto mechanic will need to pressure test the cooling system to find the leak.
- Radiator needs to be cleaned: Your radiator may be clogged with debris, preventing normal airflow, which can also cause your engine to overheat. Cleaning or flushing your radiator can sometimes correct the problem.
- Radiator needs to be repaired or replaced: Sometimes, your radiator needs to be repaired or even replaced. Your mechanical radiator cooling fans or the accessory drive belt and its tensioner may no longer work properly.
Honest, Reliable Car Repair, Coon Rapids
Clark’s Automotive can careful diagnose the problem causing your engine to overheat and develop a plan for repairing it quickly and affordably so that you can leave this problem behind, once and for all. Our team of auto mechanics has extensive experience and can do all necessary checks, including checking radiator pressure, flushing and filling the coolant, testing and checking the radiator cap, all hoses, and the engine belt.
Our team of certified auto technicians understand how difficult and frustrating car repairs can be. We strive to provide clear and honest information in a timely manner so that you can make the best possible decisions about how best to proceed. We never pressure to you complete unnecessary services and always stand behind our work. We rely on the loyalty of repeat customers for a large part of our business. If you have concerns about the way your car is working or would like a second opinion, call (763) 784-7944 to schedule an appointment.