Importance Of Routine Oil Changes
- Friday, 10 September 2021 09:24
There are many things that can go wrong with an automobile, and that applies even to the most modern vehicles made by the most reliable auto manufacturers. Cars and trucks, whether they are commercial or privately owned, are still complicated machines with multiple complex systems and thousands of moving parts. With all of those factors in play, there are countless issues that can come up. Clark Automotive, which has been a trusted and reliable service location in our community for many years, has seen more than our fair share of unique issues with all kinds of vehicles. We also have a track record for figuring out exactly what those automotive problems are and fixing them the right way for our customers.
Reasons To Get Regular Oil Changes
We have found that many automotive problems can be avoided with simple, routine maintenance. Let’s focus specifically on the engine. Even the smallest auto engine generates great power, which is associated with tremendous forces of heat and friction. Those forces must be managed in order to prevent the expansion and, ultimately, the failure of metal parts that expand and contract in extreme temperatures. Engine oil, and other oils used in vehicles, serve to lubricate the parts of an automobile engine from the extreme friction that results from the engine performing its basic functions.
Many problems can be avoided by simply having the vehicle’s oil changed before it becomes ineffective. When you get your vehicle’s oil changed, it is also important to have the oil filter changed. Oil becomes less effective over time, and if you have a vehicle with mileage in the 70,000 to 100,000+ range, you have likely noticed that your vehicle feels different when driving closer to the time an oil change is needed. If you have experienced this, you are in tune with your vehicle. Changing the oil helps your engine and its associated parts resist the forces of friction. The oil filter prolongs the life of the oil itself by keeping it cleaner.
Affordable Oil And Filter Changes
Getting your oil and filter changed periodically is an important (and easy) part of routine vehicle maintenance. It is a fundamental key part of keeping your engine in good working order. If you do a lot of city driving, meaning driving with lots of stopping and going, your vehicle will need more frequent oil changes, likely in the 3,000-mile range. If you drive more on the highway, especially if your vehicle is a newer model, oil changes are not needed for closer to 5,000 miles. Call us at (763) 784-7944 to schedule a routine oil change.
Taking Care of the Basics for your Car
- Tuesday, 01 October 2019 13:36
Clark Automotive offers comprehensive auto repairs for vehicle owners in Minnesota. We have made a name for ourselves by identifying and fixing complex problems in complex automobiles. Much of the work we do involves simple maintenance that is designed to keep your vehicle on the road for as long as possible. This is vital to your car’s long-term viability and ensures that this work is done according to your manufacturer’s schedule. An added bonus of having this work done at Clark Automotive is that it gives us a chance to demonstrate our continued commitment to our customers. We believe that when we demonstrate our commitment to customer service for even the simplest repairs, you will know you can count on us when a more complicated or difficult repair comes up.
So, what are some of the basics of automobile maintenance that we offer?
- Oil changes and lubrication services. It is important for your vehicle’s long-term functionality to have clean oil to lubricate the many moving parts that experience extremely hot temperatures. There is no better sign of good auto maintenance than an oil change, and the mechanics at Clark Automotive take as much pride in our oil changes as we do for our more complicated repairs.
- Brakes. Our modern automobiles move at great speeds. It is extremely important that you are able to stop your vehicle with precision and confidence. Clark Automotive can provide you with important information about the current condition of your brakes, and we can repair or replace them when they begin to lose their reliability.
- Battery. Your car’s battery literally keeps your car running. It provides the power that illuminates your headlights and dashboard lights. All batteries have a limited lifespan, and when your battery begins to show signs of failing, Clark Automotive can help. We can measure your battery’s charging capacity and determine whether the symptoms you have been noticing are related to a failing battery, a failing alternator, or a problematic starter.
- Suspension. Staying in contact with the road requires more than just serviceable tires. You can have brand new tires on your vehicle, but if your vehicle’s suspension is not in good shape, you may not have adequate contact with the road. Clark Automotive can diagnose suspension problems and repair them so that your vehicle does not bounce around on uneven surfaces, and possibly lose contact with the road.
Keep Your Car Running Well Longer
Performing basic maintenance for your car can prevent more major repairs and can extend the life of your vehicle. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a time for routine maintenance, give Clark Automotive a call at (763) 784-7944.