Extended Warranty Car Repair Shop in Blaine
- Friday, 19 October 2018 01:44
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
Do you have an extended warranty from a car that you purchased from a dealership? If so, you likely aren’t aware of the fact that most extended warranties can be serviced by an independent authorized service center like Clark Automotive. If you’ve been taking your car to the dealer for any type of extended warranty car repairs, why not work with a local, family owned shop that will ensure you’re always treated fairly?
What is an Extended Warranty?
An extended warranty is used to help defray car repair costs after the purchase of a new or used vehicle. It’s important to not confuse an extended warranty with a manufacturer’s warranty. Extended warranties are completely separate from manufacturer’s warranties and kick in after the expiration of a manufacturer’s warranty. In addition, extended warranties are typically not included with the purchase price of a vehicle.
Things to Keep in Mind When Purchasing an Extended Warranty
If you’re in the market for a new or used car, you’ll likely be asked whether you’d like to purchase an extended warranty. It’s important to keep the following things in mind to determine if you can benefit from this type of warranty.
• Is your vehicle still under a manufacturer’s warranty – If you’re purchasing a used vehicle, you should check to see if it’s still covered by any type of manufacturer’s warranty. These warranties typically cover a car for a certain period of time or mileage.
• How long do you plan to own the car – If the car you’re purchasing still has a manufacturer’s warranty, it’s important to think about whether you’ll still be owning the car once that original warranty expires. If you’re quick to trade in vehicles, an extended warranty may not be the best option for you.
• Check on deductibles – Be sure to look into whether a deductible is required for repairs.
• Coverage options – Be sure to check what is covered under the extended warranty. Does the policy offer full bumper-to-bumper coverage or is only the drivetrain covered?
Reach Out to Clark Automotive – Your Extended Warranty Car Repair Shop in Blaine
If you’re in need of extended warranty car repair, don’t head straight to the dealer. Be sure to reach out to our team at Clark Automotive to determine if we can provide the same level of service. We can be reached by phone at 763-784-7944. We look forward to working with you soon.
Fall Vehicle Check Ups
- Saturday, 29 September 2018 09:16
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
The Minnesota State Fair has ended, school is back in session, football season has begun and the overnight temperatures are dipping down lower and lower. This can only mean that winter is just around the corner. Now is a great time to bring your car, truck, or SUV into Clark Automotive for a fall vehicle check up. An experienced and certified auto mechanic can get your car tuned up and ready for crisp autumn days and frigid winter nights. Wouldn’t you rather take a little time to have fall automotive maintenance done by a professional mechanic than risk having safety problems down the road? Your fall car care checklist should include things like a cooling system check up, oil and filter change, checking battery, brakes and tires.
Importance of Fall Automotive Maintenance
The importance of fall automotive preventive maintenance cannot be stressed too strongly. It is never good to be caught unprepared for the start of a Minnesota winter season. We all know far too well that conditions can take a turn for the worse without much notice. Finding out that you have poor tire traction, insufficient antifreeze or a dead battery can be very dangerous. Taking your vehicle for servicing at Clark Automotive can give you peace of mind in knowing that your car is prepared to hit the road for colorful leaves, apple orchards, football and everything else that make Minnesota a great place to be in the fall.
Autumn Car Care Check List
Clark Automotive has you covered with a complete understanding of what can and should be done to ensure worry free driving the rest of this year and into the next. Every vehicle is different. Your owner’s manual should have several items listed for recommended services to winterize your car, van, pickup or SUV. Depending on the make, model, age and condition of your vehicle, your autumn car care checklist may look something like this…
- Check to make sure all filters are clean. Have our mechanic replace any dirty filter to ensure optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
- Change the oil and replace with the type of oil that is recommended for your individual vehicle for winter driving conditions.
- Look for tread wear on all four of the vehicle tires. A good mechanic will check for uneven wearing, proper tire pressure and signs of damage. Rotate or replace tires as recommended.
- Repair engine performance issues that can become worse in cold weather. Drivability problems like slow starts, sputtering, stalling or poor idling conditions should be repaired by a certified auto technician.
- Cooling system should be flushed and filled using the proper mixture of anti-freeze and water as recommended. A trusted auto mechanic should inspect the belts, hoses, clamps and radiator cap for tightness.
- Evaluate the heater and defroster for passenger comfort and driver visibility.
- Run a professional equipment test on the battery to check for weakness, corrosion or poor connection. Replace if needed.
- Inspect all vehicle lights and replace worn windshield wipers.
- Carry emergency supplies in your car to ensure your safety until help can arrive. Kits may include gloves, boots, blankets, flashlight, first aid kit, snacks, water, kitty litter, jumper cable and flares.
ASE Certified Auto Mechanics Blaine, MN
Clark Automotive is a full service auto repair and maintenance shop. As a certified auto mechanic, our technicians can provide you with professional assistance with items on your autumn car care checklist. Call (763) 784-7944 today to schedule an appointment for a fall vehicle check up, manufacturer’s recommended services and quality repairs for a safe driving experience.