Choosing The Right Mechanic For Your Preventative Maintenance
- Tuesday, 16 November 2021 11:17
Your vehicle is an important part of the way you travel and when it is neglected or fixed improperly by a non-certified mechanic, it can mean big problems down the road! Choosing a mechanic for your preventative maintenance is important. At Clark Automotive, we understand the responsibility that comes into our care each time a client leaves their vehicle at our garage.
Unfortunately, not all these individuals are certified mechanics. When somebody other than a certified mechanic works on your vehicle, not only can it void your warranty, but it can also lead to more problems later. Before you hand over your mode of transportation to a stranger, ask about their credentials. How long have they been in the business? Where did they go to school, or who did they train under? And, do they have certification as a mechanic?
Mechanic Reference Check
Fortunately, the age of the internet has made it easier than ever before to see what others are saying about a business and their practices. At Clark Automotive, we encourage our clients to check out what past clients have said about us. We’re also happy to discuss previous types of work we have done, and how we can help you improve your vehicle. Don’t just take our word for how much care we put into our work, see what others are saying for yourself.
Shop Around For The Right Mechanic in Blaine, MN
There’s an industry standard for many types of repairs, especially if it’s going through your insurance, but some services range in price from mechanic to mechanic. Don’t be afraid to shop around for the best price, rather than take the first quote you are given. Of course, it isn’t always best to go with the lowest bidder, over a high-quality shop, but sometimes you can get both. At Clark Automotive, we aim to provide our customers with outstanding service on every job without breaking the bank. Our preventative repair work is very affordable, and we are happy to work with you to figure out a way to get your car in tip top shape without making it feel like a financial nightmare. Our end goal is a satisfied client which is why we’ve tailored our preventative services to fit your schedule and budget.
For more information on preventative repair, why preventative maintenance is so important, and the various types of auto services offered through Clark Automotive, check out our other blog posts, or contact us today. We are always happy to hear from new and returning clients and will help you make an appointment with one of our experienced mechanics at your convenience. Come meet us at Clark Automotive today!
Blaine Auto Mechanic
- Saturday, 01 June 2019 07:00
Every good automotive mechanic will tell you how important it is to get your vehicle in for service. Clark Automotive, your trusted Blaine Auto Mechanic goes a step further by communicating the importance of maintenance, but also the reasons why. Your vehicle is a big investment. If it is not properly maintained, it can cost you far more than you budgeted for. We do understand that life is busy, so we see it as part of our job to remind you of the importance of taking good care of your automotive investment.
Here are 5 signs that you need to get your car into our shop:
- The Check-Engine light comes on. The check-engine light can come on for any number of reasons, including a reminder for scheduled maintenance. But Clark Automotive can use the diagnostics available to us to determine the exact reason the light has come on. Some people ignore their check-engine light and this is not advisable as it can indicate a serious problem with your vehicle. It is extremely important to bring your car to us as soon as possible after the check-engine light illuminates.
- Issues with the transmission. If you notice that your car is having unusual trouble getting up to speed, it experiences surges when you are not pressing on the accelerator, or it produces odd sounds and/or vibrations, your car’s transmission may need to be repaired. It is important not to ignore the signs and get the problem properly diagnosed.
- Smoke coming from the engine. Smoke of any kind coming from any part of your car is not a good sign. But smoke coming from under the hood could indicate a problem with overheating. Left unchecked, your engine could suffer damage.
- Smoke coming from your exhaust system. If the smoke coming from your exhaust is a bluish color and has an acid smell to it, you likely have an oil leak. But again, smoke coming from anywhere in your car should be checked immediately.
- Evidence of leaks. Condensation from your air-conditioning unit will drip from under your car and create wet spots where you park—this is normal. Other liquids, however, should not be leaking from your car. If you see evidence of viscous substances—for example, oil or other colored fluids—on your driveway, you have a leak that must be found and fixed.
Blaine MN Auto Repair Shop
Clark Automotive is the shop in Blaine, MN that can fix all of those problems for you and get you back on the road as quickly as possible. Call us at (763) 784-7944 to schedule an appointment.