There is something about that feeling you get when you see the odometer of your car reach 100,000 miles. You should be proud of this milestone! Not only should hitting this mark make you proud, but it should also serve as a reminder that it may be time for your vehicle to have an auto tune up. Typically, most cars need an auto tune up around the 100,000 mile mark. To be sure, review your owner’s manual to check on their recommended maintenance schedule. If you are looking for a reliable auto shop near Ham Lake, MN that will take care of your automobile every step of the way, look no further than our team at Clark Automotive.
Common Signs a Tune Up Is Needed
Mileage milestones are not the only signs that an auto tune up may be needed. Other signs that it may be time to bring your vehicle by our car repair shop in Ham Lake include:
- Odor – Odd odors coming from your vehicle should not be ignored. This may be a sign that something may be going on with your vehicle.
- Gas Issues – If you feel like your gas isn’t lasting as long as it used to, your car may be in need of a tune up.
- Difficulty Starting – If your car is having difficulty starting regularly, it’s important to bring your vehicle by our shop. Catching issues early can help you save significant dollars down the road.
Tune Up Checklist Ham Lake MN
At Clark Automotive, our tune ups are extremely thorough. We use this time to ensure that your vehicle is in tip top shape so that you don’t have to bring it by our repair shop except for when regular maintenance is needed. The major checks that we focus on during an auto tune up include:
- Spark Plug & Wire Replacement – Reviewing all spark plugs and the ignition coil are priorities to ensure that there are no early failures. These are minor repairs that are very affordable. There is no advantage to replacing spark plugs early, so we will only replace them if it is needed.
- Changing Transmission Fluid – Keeping fresh transmission fluid will help keep your car in great shape.
- New Filters – Installing new air, oil, and fuel filters will keep your car running smoothly.
- Fluid Flush – Simply flushing the various fluids will help keep things fresh.
- Engine Analysis – We’ll take a detailed look at your engine to ensure there are no issues.
- Oil Change – Regular oil changes are always recommended if you want to keep your car around for years to come.
- Leak Checks – Our auto tune up experts will search for any potential leaks throughout your vehicle.
Anytime you come to Clark Automotive, we will provide you with an estimate of any potential repairs that are needed after your tune up. You are never forced into any repairs, we just simply want you to know about the health of your vehicle. If you live in Ham Lake, MN and have recently hit the 100,000 milestone or just feel like something is off with your car, stop by Clark Automotive today! Give us a call at (763) 784-7944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an auto tune up appointment.