What Does The Maintenance Light On Your Dash Mean?
- Tuesday, 05 October 2021 15:41
If you are one of those drivers who sees that an unfamiliar maintenance light is flashing on your dashboard, you know that you are tempting fate. There are so many codes that can cause the various signals on your dashboard to turn on that the odds are in your favor that it is nothing serious. It is, after all, probably nothing. If this response does not describe you, maybe you know someone who fits the bill? Yes, the odds are in favor of the issue being very minor. However, there is also a chance that something more serious has developed and attending to it with some urgency could prevent more serious, and expensive, problems from developing down the road.
Trusted Minnesota Auto Repair
Clark Automotive is the place to take your vehicle when one of those maintenance lights come on. We have the diagnostic tools to figure out the origin of the light, and we have the experience and expertise to fix whatever problem the light is indicating. Many of the codes that are associated with the relatively small number of lights on your dashboard are simple maintenance codes that need to be reset. In other words, they do not indicate a significant problem. But in some cases, they do shine a light on an issue that needs to be addressed, and in such cases, you want to know that you can trust the automotive repair shop that has decoded the message.
Clark Automotive has worked hard to establish a reputation for honesty and fair pricing when we repair the problems that arise in your vehicle. We understand that the complexity of modern vehicles can create doubt, or even mistrust, in car and truck owners, so we go the extra mile to explain the codes that are indicated by the light that has suddenly started flashing on your dashboard. The systems associated with dashboard lights are designed to make repairs simpler and timelier, but without the diagnostic tools to make sense of the lights’ meaning, vehicle owners will be understandably concerned when an issue arises.
Comprehensive Auto Repair In Minnesota
Part of our job is to help you feel more at ease with the automobile repair process, which is why we prioritize helping you make sense of the codes that pop up. If you do have a tendency to procrastinate, we hope that the trust we work hard to earn and the knowledge that addressing dashboard codes in a timely manner can reduce the cost of repairs and convince you to contact us. Call us at (763)784-7944 to schedule an appointment for your vehicle.
Fall Vehicle Check Ups
- Saturday, 29 September 2018 09:16
Auto Repair Shop Blaine
The Minnesota State Fair has ended, school is back in session, football season has begun and the overnight temperatures are dipping down lower and lower. This can only mean that winter is just around the corner. Now is a great time to bring your car, truck, or SUV into Clark Automotive for a fall vehicle check up. An experienced and certified auto mechanic can get your car tuned up and ready for crisp autumn days and frigid winter nights. Wouldn’t you rather take a little time to have fall automotive maintenance done by a professional mechanic than risk having safety problems down the road? Your fall car care checklist should include things like a cooling system check up, oil and filter change, checking battery, brakes and tires.
Importance of Fall Automotive Maintenance
The importance of fall automotive preventive maintenance cannot be stressed too strongly. It is never good to be caught unprepared for the start of a Minnesota winter season. We all know far too well that conditions can take a turn for the worse without much notice. Finding out that you have poor tire traction, insufficient antifreeze or a dead battery can be very dangerous. Taking your vehicle for servicing at Clark Automotive can give you peace of mind in knowing that your car is prepared to hit the road for colorful leaves, apple orchards, football and everything else that make Minnesota a great place to be in the fall.
Autumn Car Care Check List
Clark Automotive has you covered with a complete understanding of what can and should be done to ensure worry free driving the rest of this year and into the next. Every vehicle is different. Your owner’s manual should have several items listed for recommended services to winterize your car, van, pickup or SUV. Depending on the make, model, age and condition of your vehicle, your autumn car care checklist may look something like this…
- Check to make sure all filters are clean. Have our mechanic replace any dirty filter to ensure optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
- Change the oil and replace with the type of oil that is recommended for your individual vehicle for winter driving conditions.
- Look for tread wear on all four of the vehicle tires. A good mechanic will check for uneven wearing, proper tire pressure and signs of damage. Rotate or replace tires as recommended.
- Repair engine performance issues that can become worse in cold weather. Drivability problems like slow starts, sputtering, stalling or poor idling conditions should be repaired by a certified auto technician.
- Cooling system should be flushed and filled using the proper mixture of anti-freeze and water as recommended. A trusted auto mechanic should inspect the belts, hoses, clamps and radiator cap for tightness.
- Evaluate the heater and defroster for passenger comfort and driver visibility.
- Run a professional equipment test on the battery to check for weakness, corrosion or poor connection. Replace if needed.
- Inspect all vehicle lights and replace worn windshield wipers.
- Carry emergency supplies in your car to ensure your safety until help can arrive. Kits may include gloves, boots, blankets, flashlight, first aid kit, snacks, water, kitty litter, jumper cable and flares.
ASE Certified Auto Mechanics Blaine, MN
Clark Automotive is a full service auto repair and maintenance shop. As a certified auto mechanic, our technicians can provide you with professional assistance with items on your autumn car care checklist. Call (763) 784-7944 today to schedule an appointment for a fall vehicle check up, manufacturer’s recommended services and quality repairs for a safe driving experience.