With the weather warming up here in Minnesota, it’s time to start thinking about whether your vehicle is ready for warmer temperatures. At Clark Automotive, we offer all types of AC inspection and AC repair services. One of the more common AC repairs we provide to our customers is actually AC compressor replacement. Read on to learn some of the signs that you may need a new AC compressor for your vehicle.
Common Car AC Compressor Problems
At Clark Automotive we have decades of experience with all types of auto repair including AC compressor replacement. Below are just a few of the signs that your car’s AC compressor may be on the brink:
- AC is blowing hot air
- Leaking refrigerant
- AC isn’t cold enough
- AC working intermittently
- Refrigerant smell
- AC compressor clutch not engaging
- Loud noises coming from the AC compressor
- Clicking sound from the engine
- No cold air coming out of your car’s vents
If you’re noticing any of these AC compressor problems, feel free to reach out to Clark Automotive to schedule a time for one of our certified mechanics to diagnose your compressor issues.
AC Compressor Replacement Process
While the exact steps for an air compressor replacement vary by vehicle make and model, there are a series of steps that apply to most vehicles. These steps include:
- Check your AC system’s pressure
- Check that the compressor has power and is properly grounded
- Remove all refrigerant from a faulty compressor
- Remove the compressor as well as any tubes and an expansion valve if one is present
- Flush the system to remove debris and sludge
- Install new compressor
- Recharge the system with new refrigerant
- Verify the system has no leaks
- Test the AC system is blowing cold air and has proper air flow coming out of all vents
How Much Does Car AC Compressor Replacement Cost?
The cost of replacing your car’s AC compressor will vary greatly based on the make and model of your vehicle. Because certain vehicle parts are much more expensive than others, it’s difficult for us to give a blanket estimate for the cost of an AC compressor replacement.
If you think your AC compressor may be malfunctioning and want to learn more about the cost, feel free to reach out to Clark Automotive today. Once we determine that your AC compressor needs to be replaced we can give you a free estimate and allow you to make the decision of whether you want to have the repair completed or not. We never pressure you into any repair that you’re not ready to have completed. Give us a call today at (763) 784-7944 to learn more about our AC compressor replacement services as well as our wide array of other auto repair services.