Importance Of Preventative Maintenance For Your Vehicle
- Tuesday, 11 October 2022 18:38
Oil changes, tire rotations and regular tune ups are examples of preventative maintenance for your vehicle that can prevent major car problems down the road. If you make these small investments in your car, then over time you can expect to save money on more serious repairs. It is also important to have your vehicle serviced by a certified technician so that small and manageable problems do not turn into larger (more expensive) ones. Clark Automotive is a full-service car repair shop in Blaine, MN, that can help you with preventative maintenance so that you can enjoy your vehicle for many years to come!
Benefits Of Regular Oil Changes
Oil changes are important because your engine’s oil can lose its lubrication quality and viscosity over time. An oil change will keep your engine running well, prevent it from getting overheated and get rid of dirt and debris which will make your engine run less efficiently. Failing to get regular oil changes can result in damage to your engine. Routine oil changes are one of the most important ways to extend the life of your vehicle and protect your investment.
Tire Rotations And Engine Tune Ups
Tire rotations are another important preventative maintenance strategy. We recommend rotating your tires every third oil change (approximately every 9000 miles). This helps you prevent tire damage and keep the tread even so that you wear down your tires evenly. If you do not rotate your tires regularly, your tires can become damaged, and this can impact steering and the overall safety of the vehicle.
A vehicle tune up can be helpful when you have noticed an overall decline in how your vehicle is performing or the overall feel while you are driving. Clark Automotive will check your spark plugs, change your transmission fluid, replace your air, oil and fuel filters, check for leaks and complete a thorough oil change. Very often a tune up will be just what your vehicle needs to get back to its optimal driving condition.
ASE Certified Mechanic In Blaine, MN
Our team at Clark Automotive believes that preventative maintenance can be a difference maker in the life of your car. This small investment can identify problems before they become significant and can keep your car in the best possible shape so that you feel confident that you are safe and taken care of. If you want more information about our preventative maintenance services, call us at 763-784-7944 to schedule an appointment with our ASE Certified Mechanics.
Taking Care of the Basics for your Car
- Tuesday, 01 October 2019 13:36
Clark Automotive offers comprehensive auto repairs for vehicle owners in Minnesota. We have made a name for ourselves by identifying and fixing complex problems in complex automobiles. Much of the work we do involves simple maintenance that is designed to keep your vehicle on the road for as long as possible. This is vital to your car’s long-term viability and ensures that this work is done according to your manufacturer’s schedule. An added bonus of having this work done at Clark Automotive is that it gives us a chance to demonstrate our continued commitment to our customers. We believe that when we demonstrate our commitment to customer service for even the simplest repairs, you will know you can count on us when a more complicated or difficult repair comes up.
So, what are some of the basics of automobile maintenance that we offer?
- Oil changes and lubrication services. It is important for your vehicle’s long-term functionality to have clean oil to lubricate the many moving parts that experience extremely hot temperatures. There is no better sign of good auto maintenance than an oil change, and the mechanics at Clark Automotive take as much pride in our oil changes as we do for our more complicated repairs.
- Brakes. Our modern automobiles move at great speeds. It is extremely important that you are able to stop your vehicle with precision and confidence. Clark Automotive can provide you with important information about the current condition of your brakes, and we can repair or replace them when they begin to lose their reliability.
- Battery. Your car’s battery literally keeps your car running. It provides the power that illuminates your headlights and dashboard lights. All batteries have a limited lifespan, and when your battery begins to show signs of failing, Clark Automotive can help. We can measure your battery’s charging capacity and determine whether the symptoms you have been noticing are related to a failing battery, a failing alternator, or a problematic starter.
- Suspension. Staying in contact with the road requires more than just serviceable tires. You can have brand new tires on your vehicle, but if your vehicle’s suspension is not in good shape, you may not have adequate contact with the road. Clark Automotive can diagnose suspension problems and repair them so that your vehicle does not bounce around on uneven surfaces, and possibly lose contact with the road.
Keep Your Car Running Well Longer
Performing basic maintenance for your car can prevent more major repairs and can extend the life of your vehicle. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a time for routine maintenance, give Clark Automotive a call at (763) 784-7944.