At Clark Automotive, we want to be the first auto repair shop that you call for any type of vehicle repair. Serving the Blaine, MN community, we are proud to be the area’s trusted auto repair shop for the last 17 years. One vehicle repair that you should act on quickly is when your oxygen sensor needs replacement. How do you know when your oxygen sensor needs replacement, you may ask? Well, our certified mechanics want to share 5 signs that your oxygen sensor needs replacement.
5 Signs your Oxygen Sensor needs Replacement
- Emissions Test Failure – This sign is pretty cut and dry. If your vehicle fails an emissions test, then one of the reasons is likely because your oxygen sensor needs replacement. Our crew at Clark Automotive can replace your oxygen sensor fast so that you can pass the emissions test.
- Check Engine Light Turns On – Vehicle owners never want to see the check engine light come on. If this light is on in your vehicle, don’t ignore the sign! The purpose of the check engine light is to alert you that something is not right, which includes your oxygen sensor needing to be replaced.
- Poor Gas Mileage – If you feel like you are filling up your gas tank more often than in the past, this could be directly tied to a bad oxygen sensor. This poor gas mileage from a faulty oxygen sensor often happens over time, so it will not be a sudden change.
- Unusual Engine Sounds & Patterns – Have you heard unusual sounds coming from your engine when your vehicle is idle? Is stalling or slower acceleration something that you’ve been dealing with? If so, these unusual engine sounds and patterns could be a sign that your oxygen sensor needs replacement.
- Aging Vehicle – It should come as no surprise that the longer you have a vehicle, the more repairs you’ll likely have. When it comes to your oxygen sensor and vehicle’s over 15 years old, this should be replaced every 45,000 to 65,000 miles.
The Clark Automotive Way
Finding the right auto repair shop can be difficult. There are plenty to choose from in the Blaine, MN area, but none that offer the total package that our staff at Clark Automotive brings to the table. We have ASE master technicians, a trustworthy team that only repairs what is truly needed, flexible hours, courtesy rides and loaner vehicles and many other things that make the auto repair experience much more tolerable. Doing things the Clark Automotive way is what has helped us become such a successful auto repair shop over the last 17 years.
So, if you are in Blaine, MN and are dealing with any of these crucial signs that your oxygen sensor needs replacement, the best decision that you can make is to bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop at Clark Automotive. To setup an oxygen sensor evaluation, give us a call today at (763) 784-7944 or email email@example.com.