Depending on the make and model of your car you likely have either a timing belt or a timing chain. Timing chains typically don’t have to be replaced whereas timing belts should be replaced roughly every 100,000 miles. Not properly replacing your timing belt as needed can lead to disastrous consequences for your vehicle. At Clark Automotive, we provide timing belt replacement to ensure that you’re not left stranded due to a failing timing belt. Conveniently located in Blaine, Minnesota. We offer loaner cars, shuttle service and flexible hours to accommodate our customer’s schedules.
Signs Your Timing Belt Needs to be Replaced
Below are just a few signs that it may be time to replace your timing belt.
• Check Your Owner’s Manual – While we often recommend replacing your timing belt roughly every 100,000 miles, it’s always best to check your owner’s manual for more detailed information related to when you should replace your timing belt.
• Ticking Noise – If you hear a ticking noise coming from your engine, it’s important to stop your vehicle immediately as it could be a sign that your timing belt is bad.
• Oil Leak – An oil leak can be a symptom of a number of car repair issues including a failing timing belt.
• Car Won’t Start – If you’re attempting to start your car and the engine won’t turn over, it could be because of a problem with your timing belt.
• Engine Misfires – If a timing belt has slipped it could cause one cylinder on your engine to open or close earlier than it should, which can result in misfires.
Should I Also Replace My Water Pump?
Most often when a timing belt has to be replaced, the water pump has to be removed. Because of this, it’s often a good idea to go ahead and replace it at the same time as a timing belt replacement. This way you’ll only pay for the labor once as opposed to having to pay again if and when your water pump goes out.
ASE Certified Mechanics for Your Timing Belt Replacement Needs
Timing belt replacement is an incredibly important auto repair service that needs to be done by an experienced mechanic. At Clark Automotive, our mechanics are certified by the ASE, which is a governing body for independent auto repair shops. This way you’ll be confident that when you work with Clark Automotive, you’re working with an auto repair shop with ample experience to replace your timing belt correctly the first time. To learn more about our timing belt replacement services, feel free to reach out to us today by phone at 763-784-7944.