Engine Cooling System Maintenance & Repair Coon Rapids, MN
The engine cooling system is important, it allows your vehicle to run at a consistent and proper operating temperature. A very easy way to damage your vehicle’s engine is to let it overheat. If you suspect your cooling system is malfunctioning make sure a trusted mechanic looks at it right away.
Signs Your Vehicle is Overheating
- If the temperature gauge on the dashboard is over the midpoint
- There is steam billowing out from under the hood
Causes of Vehicle Overheating
- Extremely hot weather
- Low water and coolant level
- Cooling system / Radiator leak
How often does the cooling system need to be serviced?
The Coolant should be checked regularly for optimal temperature. Not maintaining the engines cooling system may result in overheating which can cause severe damage to many components of the engine.
What is included in the Cooling System Service?
- The radiator pressure is checked
- The coolant is completely flushed and filled
- The radiator cap is checked to ensure it functions/fits correctly
- Radiator hoses are checked to ensure they are not worn, cracked or leaking
- Engine belts are checked
Call Clark Automotive today if the cooling system in your vehicle in the Coon Rapids area is malfunctioning.
Back to Radiator Maintenance & Repair main page.